Posted by Sten Westgard, MS
As is traditional at the AACC/ASCLS convention, we held the annual "Westgard Wear" raffle for those who took time to visit our booth on the exhibition floor. This year, we were giving away hats to three lucky visitors.
Winners, after the jump...
- Maria Contreras, Laboratorios Licon, Tlalnepantla, Mexico
- Carmen Coca-Martin, Hosp Alcala Henares, Madrid, Spain
- Julie Zwies, US Army, Lavernia TX
Hats have been sent out to these individuals. Laboratorians may envy/pity them for these obscure garments. Certainly, these rare items (not sold in stores - because no normal store is willing to sell them) is the quickest way to tell others that you are a quality geek.
For those of you who couldn't attend the AACC/ASCLS convention, or couldn't visit our booth at the exhibition floor, there is one last chance. We are holding an "online raffle" this month for similar "Westgard Wear" prizes. There are two ways to enter:
- Join the membership of Westgard Web. Anyone joining during the month of August will be elligible to win.
- If you are already a member, just email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in being considering for part of the raffle. You can mention the "Westgard Wear" raffle in the subject line or the content of the message, and we'll count you in.
Now, the fine print on this online: ends on September 30th, 2011 at midnight, only 3 prizes will be awarded, void where prohibited, not open to previous "Westgard Wear" winners, nor to people who took part in the "live" version of the raffle. Odds are unknown, but probably pretty good, like 1 in 500. The winners will be announced in early September.
And thanks again, to our visitors at the booth and on the web.